Temple-Inland gypsum board products are third-party certified by Materials Analytical Services, LLC (MAS) to meet the performance standard established for low-emitting materials under the Collaborative for High Performance Schools (CHPS) program. Projects using these products are eligible for contribution toward credit IEQ 4.6 in the 2009 LEED for SCHOOLS rating system and CHPS credit EQ 2.3.6.
Successful conformance with the CHPS standard for low-emitting volatile organic compounds (VOCs) also meets the criteria of the MAS Certified Green program.
- MAS Certified Green Certification for Temple-Inland Standard Gypsum Board
- MAS Certified Green Certification for Temple-Inland Specialty Gypsum Board
- MAS Certified Green Certification for Temple-Inland Paperless Gypsum Board
Verification is in accordance with the Emission Testing guidelines specified under ASTM D 5116-97. Specific testing parameters and compound emission limits were based on the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Standard Practice (Section 01350) test method and California’s Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA) Chronic Reference Exposure Limit (CREL) list respectively.
- Temple-Inland Regular, Fire-Resistant, Lite Weight, and GreenGlass Gypsum Board
Compliance Reports per California DPH Standard Method Version 1.1CHPS and LEED
- MAS Project 1200408 - Temple-Inland Gypsum Board from Various Locations
Drywall Analysis Reports: Orthorhomic Cyclooctasulfur (S8), Sulfur Gas Scan & Strontium Verification
About the Certifier
Materials Analytical Services (MAS)
Since its beginning in 1987, MAS has evolved into a leading micro-analytical laboratory and environmental consulting services firm offering state-of-the art testing for asbestos, mold, industrial hygiene, indoor air quality, emissions, lead, VOCs and Semi VOCs. Visit the MAS Certified Green website for more information.