Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) is a grainless composite panel product manufactured in sheets of various dimensions. Made from extremely fine wood fibers, it is ideally suited for a wide variety of woodworking applications including cabinets, shelving, furniture, store fixtures, moulding and flooring.
Temple-Inland UltraStock MDF is valued for its defect-free composition and highly uniform density that allow it to cut, rout, shape and drill cleanly, holding intricate detail with a minimum of waste and tool wear. Panel for panel, it’s hard to beat for material efficiency, machining performance and productivity.
UltraStock MDF also finishes beautifully and consistently. Its flat, smooth surface delivers exceptional results whether laminated, direct printed or painted. Sanded with a range of available grits, it performs well even with very thin overlays and dark paint colors.
Dimensional stability is another important benefit. That means swelling and thickness variations are virtually eliminated when using this product. The precision craftsmen machine into their component parts during production will be maintained in the assembled product they produce. Fasteners will draw tight and end users will enjoy the accurate fit and clean appearance.
Manufactured in a range of thicknesses from 1/4" to 1 5/16", widths to 5' feet and lengths to 16', the UltraStock product line includes several formulations with unique performance characteristics.
- UltraStock Select provides a premium panel for extremely critical machining applications like cabinet doors.
- UltraStock Premium is the perfect panel for long-run consistency and efficiency for our widest range of applications.
- UltraStock Lite is a non-load-bearing panel with excellent machining characteristics and up to 25% less density.
- UltraStock Moisture Resistant is a specialty panel for applications with elevated humidity and moisture exposure.
- UltraStock Thin Profile is a panel designed to maintain consistent performance characteristics and minimum thickness.
UltraStock MDF is formed from a high percentage of recycled and refined pre-consumer wood chips and sawdust from a variety of resources depending on each plant’s location. As a result, our MDF products are available with the Composite Panel Association (CPA) Eco-Certified Composite (ECC) grademark, which demonstrates Temple-Inland’s compliance with the highest industry measure of environmental responsibility.
Finally, UltraStock MDF is available from a variety of channels. Truck or rail car loads used by large manufacturers can be purchased directly from our customer service representatives. Smaller orders often purchased by regional cabinet shops or specialty manufacturers are supplied by a network of dealers. And small builders, remodelers and do-it-yourselfers can purchase the product at lumber yards or home centers.